Creating Spaces in the Home People will Love.
Alda Opfer, CKDManager & Designer
- Design Center: Brighton, MI
CKD – Certified Kitchen Designer
CAPS - Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist
- Education: Two Years at Eastern University
- Industry Experience: 25 Years
- Joined KSI: September, 2000
Alda specializes in custom home building and residential remodeling, handling projects throughout Brighton, Howell, Fenton, and Wixom. Alda’s design theory is to combine intelligent design with style. She draws inspiration from food, art, and her family. As a mom with an active career, Alda understands the practical aspect to the flow of a kitchen and the home. Alda focuses on the needs and use of the space. A kitchen must be functional for a family today and, as it changes, for tomorrow as well. Blending her client’s ideas with her own expertise, Alda creates spaces which reflect the personal style of her clients.
Throughout her career, Alda has been involved with the NKBA. Her expertise has been noted in Detroit News and Homestyle Magazine. She has participated in the NKBA designer showcase and local design contests.
- Favorite Restaurant: Morton’s the Steakhouse
- Favorite Thing to Cook: Cookies, I love to bake!
- Favorite Design Challenge: Islands. I like to add an angle when possible to offer a unique variation and style.
- My Style: Classic and timeless.
- What I Love: Spending time with family and traveling.