Creating Spaces in the Home People will Love.
- Design Center: Ann Arbor, MI
- Industry Experience: 2 Years
- Industry Associations: ASID, Allied Member
- Joined KSI: April, 2014
- Degree(s): Associates Degree in Liberal Arts; Bachelors of Fine Arts in Interior Design
Catherine's design philosophy is simple and honest, integrating the ideals of technical knowledge, design integrity, value, quality and style. She believes Interior Design is a form of art. By introducing color, texture, proportion and pattern to a space, one can transform an ordinary room into a living work of art. While beauty and aesthetics are an important aspect of design, functionality of the space plays just as important a role. "Design is all about having an open mind and recognizing the beauty in opportunities beyond what you would normally think to incorporate."
Catherine is a highly motivated person. Something as simple as viewing interior photos gets her inspired and excited to work on a project. She loves to play golf. "Golf is all about being precise in your stance and movements. Precision applies to the design world and is very important to me."
My job as a designer is to guide clients through the design process and design a space based on their personality, likes and dislikes. A professional designer will prevent costly mistakes in space design, furniture and color selections as well as managing a design budget. A great interior designer can make beneficial changes to a client’s lifestyle and open doors for new and exciting possibilities!
- Favorite Restaurant: Dos Pesos Mexican Restaurant
- Favorite Thing to Cook: Italian Food
- Favorite Design Challenge: Space planning & color selection
- My Style: Modern and Urban
- What I Love: Exercise, golf and art