Measuring Your Space
Follow these instructions to measure your space:
- Start in a corner of the space and measure each wall.
- Measure from the floor to the ceiling.
- If you have soffits, measure from the floor to the bottom of the soffit.
- Measure from a wall to the center of the sink.
- Measure from a wall to the center of the range.
- Mark the doors and windows. From the outside of the trim, note each window’s width, height and distance from the floor.
- As you move around the space, be sure to measure and mark the location of any appliances or fixtures from its center to a corner.
- Tese include items like ovens, cooktops, microwaves, dishwashers, refrigerators, wine fridges, trash compactors, sinks, tubs, toilets, washers, dryers, etc. We’ve provided space at the bottom of the grid to note appliance makes and models.
- Be sure the sketch in the location of each electrical outlet.
Make an appointment at a KSI Design Center for an initial design consultation. Your designer will review your measurements and begin the discovery process to understand what you hope to accomplish with your project. From there, they will make recommendations and provide direction on best way for you to move forward in the design process.