Creating Spaces in the Home People will Love.
- Design Center: Macomb Twp., MI
- Industry Experience: 22 Years
- Joined KSI: July, 2004
- Certification(s): Universal Design
- Degree(s): Associates, Business & Marketing
- Other: US Army War College, Army Military Veteran
Jim Ross has worked in the remodeling industry for more than 20 years. As an active member of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI), Jim takes part in a variety of industry training sessions. Recently, he was certified in Universal Design and enjoys helping people plan for aging at home.
Jim’s process is to identify his clients’ needs and develop a plan to achieve them. His versatile design skills and project management capabilities allow him to make any project a reality.
Jim’s favorite design challenge is to transition a basement into a functional entertainment space. Basements can be a difficult part of the home to finish since they tend to be the “catch-all” for things people don't want seen on the upper floors. Jim believes the basement can be as comfortable and enjoyable as any other room in the house. By selecting the appropriate cabinetry, lighting, and colors, Jim creates a functional space that his clientele wants to spend time in.
- Favorite Restaurant: Paul’s Chop House
- Favorite Thing to Cook: Anything on the grill -- specialty is steak
- Favorite Design Challenge: Transitioning a basement into an entertainment room
- My Style: Traditional
- What I Love: My family time and reading to my grandson