Download and print KSI’s guide and layout grid for "Measuring Your Space"Download
Follow these instructions to measure your space
- Start in a corner of the space and measure each wall.
- Measure from the floor to the ceiling.
- If you have soffits, measure from the floor to the bottom of the soffit.
- Measure from a wall to the center of the sink.
- Measure from a wall to the center of the range.
- Mark the doors and windows. From the outside of the trim, note each window’s width, height and distance from the floor.
- As you move around the space, be sure to measure and mark the location of any appliances or fixtures from its center to a corner. These include items like ovens, cooktops, microwaves, dishwashers, refrigerators, wine fridges, trash compactors, sinks, tubs, toilets, washers, dryers, etc. We’ve provided space at the bottom of the grid to note appliance makes and models.
- Be sure the sketch in the location of each electrical outlet.
Sample Space Measurement
Make an appointment at a KSI Design Center to review your measurements with a designer. Our designer will hold a discovery meeting with you to gain an understanding of your remodeling project and begin the design process. Within a week or so, the designer will convert your measurements and ideas into a design rendering with our 20-20 Computer Design System.
Locate your nearest design center, and contact us for assistance.